Storage heater cable connection broken from charge control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a FGS Storade night storage heater where the storage function became inoperable. On investigation it seems the cable attached to the charge control has snapped from near the connection. I have no idea how to repair this cable if it can be soldered or would the entire cable need replacing as it is a very long cable would require dismantling the unit completely.

Please advise if this is something can DIY or would require electrician and if so how much would I be looking to pay?

many thanks

20160108_230156edited.jpg
20160108_223833(2)edited.jpg

Sponsored Links
I can't see, but has that loose conection burned and damaged the component the wire is connected to? If it has that will need replacing too.

As freddo has pointed out, not only does the connector and wire look to have suffered heat damage, but also the charge controller looks as if that would need replacing. Or at least looking at.

Sponsored Links
Looks like all you need is a new spade connector and a crimp tool. Soldering will not work as it will be too hot just there.

Alternatively, Google fgs storad spares. You may find someone has replacement cables.

thank you for your advise, i did this and connected the wires. I also tested the control unit which seems to be fine. Just waiting for e7 to kick in to see if all is working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back