storage heater.

Sponsored Links
I dont think anyone had ever opperated switch during off peak hours as the fuse for that storage heater was still intact.
I just made it safe and blanked it off.

I dont think anyone had ever opperated switch during off peak hours as the fuse for that storage heater was still intact. I just made it safe and blanked it off.
Interesting! Where had the heater been connected - to the same red/black (or maybe the black and the 'spare terminal?), or what?

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
I assume what had happened was the tennant at some point deccorated. And changed a number of the wiring accesories. The double pole switch for the isolation of the heater was replaced with a 10ax light switch(the heater was removed sometime before). If the switch had been in the on position during off peak hours there would have been a dead short across the L N protected by a 16a MEM cartridge. :eek:

I assume what had happened was the tennant at some point deccorated. And changed a number of the wiring accesories. The double pole switch for the isolation of the heater was replaced with a 10ax light switch(the heater was removed sometime before). If the switch had been in the on position during off peak hours there would have been a dead short across the L N protected by a 16a MEM cartridge. :eek:
Yes, I realised that much, but your first picture seems to show a cable going from that switch to the storage heater. Assuming that to be the case, I was interested in knowing which of the terminals (of the light switch), if any, that had been connected to. If it had been connected to the black/red incoming conductors, and the switch had always been left in the 'no bang' position, then the heater would, of course, have worked (thereby perhaps 'reassuring' someone that they had wired it correctly!!).

Kind Regards, John

first pic and second are different walls in same room. the second heater had been removed causing (im asuming) the tennant to decide on replacement of low level 'light switch'.

I am surprised that the tenant did not simply chocblock off the cable and fit a square blanking-off plate. If a young child operated that low-level switch at night, there will be an almighty bang! and a blown fuse. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back