Storage immersion tank all electric

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you help me identify what type of storage tank I haven in my flat please.
It's 210 ltr have two elements one at bottom and one half way up (economy 7) it also has bull cock storage tank at the top?

Sponsored Links
Far too many makes of these around to make a guess, can you put a picture of on here?

two elements one at bottom and one half way up (economy 7) it also has bull cock storage tank at the top?
A standard vented cylinder then, presumably with the cold storage built in. Confirmation will be the fact that your hot water barely crawls out of the taps.
The lower element for overnight heating, upper one for a daytime boost.

two elements one at bottom and one half way up (economy 7) it also has bull cock storage tank at the top?
A standard vented cylinder then, presumably with the cold storage built in. Confirmation will be the fact that your hot water barely crawls out of the taps.

Thanks-So What do I need to order specifically for new tank (what's it full
description if I go online to check). Also I have this valve on the side of the tank that is all corroded, do I still need this with new tank? and what is it for? (check my album for pic)

Thank you for your reply and help

Gary

Sponsored Links
your pic looks like a mixing valve off a thermal store, can you post a few more showing the whole cylinder and pipework.

Thanks-So What do I need to order specifically for new tank (what's it full
description if I go online to check). Also I have this valve on the side of the tank that is all corroded, do I still need this with new tank? and what is it for? (check my album for pic)

Thank you for your reply and help

Gary

Hi,

Can you help once again, Fitted new mixer valve, no water coming out of hot tap. If I leave overnight water comes out for about 5 sec, Tank is hot.

If you still have photo of my tank, the top pipe on left coming into valve is hot, the pipe on the right marked "c" for cold this goes to my tap? the bottom pipe on the "T" marked "Mix" goes the cold feed? is this right?
have replaced valve with like for like and had hot water before?

Hope you can help

Regards

Gary

C cold feed
H hot from cylinder
Mix outlet to hot taps.

Steve

C cold feed
H hot from cylinder
Mix outlet to hot taps.

Steve

Hi Steve,

That's what I thought. How is cold water to bathroom taps connected? And what gets connected to lower pipe on side of tank? is that the cold feed.?

Thanks for your help.

Gary

cold taps will be fed directly from the mains water. Hot is from MIX on the mixer valve.

Bottom pipe is the Primary Return to the boiler, heat source- One above it is the flow from source.

On the mixer, it is Top Cold Mains IN- Middle Is HOT out (MIX) Bottom is HOT in

HTH Gareth

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back