Not sure whether I should lag my water tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have economy 7 heating and recently it seems the water does not stay as hot into the evening (well it is February…) can electric storage tanks be lagged with a jacket like tanks belonging to gas heating systems? Thank you for any helpful notes!
WhatsApp Image 2024-02-11 at 00.32.02.jpeg

Sponsored Links
The cylinder itself is well insulated inside the casing. But your pipes need to be lagged. Feel which of them are warm.

Use the stiff plastic foam, thick as you can, especially in cold areas like lofts, taping joints and bends where a gap might appear. The hessian type is not much good.

If any of the pipes are still hot 20 minutes after you have run a tap, hot water is passing through them for some reason, perhaps a leak. Mixer taps and showers, especially the ceramic type with a joystick, can also allow water to flow into the pipes, usually from cold into hot, which can cool your cylinder. Feel for any pipes under mixers that are colder than room temperature 20 minutes after use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back