Storing domestic appliances?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My old White Knight gas tumble dryer died on Saturday (I'd ignored the noisy drum bearing for a year until the back of the drum cracked apart where the spider was).
Domestic gas dryers are pretty rare and after a fruitless eBay search for a replacement (I only ever buy used white goods) I bizarrely found someone less than a mile from me selling two for £80! Turns out it was a local scrapyard! I took a chance, got them home and both work perfectly - they're about 5 years old and looking at the PAT test stickers I guess they came from some kind of commercial/residential environment - spotless inside, like they've just dried a few tea towels.
My initial thought was to get the spare one on eBay, but then I thought about keeping it as a spare (I reckon the current one has about 5 years left in it) but wonder how it would cope with sitting in my (dry) garage for five or so years?

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Get it up off the floor, completely wrap it in cling film (including underneath) to keep out moisture & insects & vermin & cover with old blankets or carpet & it should be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back