Stove fitted but no access to flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a stove fitted by heats approved installer some time ago. (Aga little wenlock se) I've just had the chimney sweep around to clean but he wasn't able to do anything because he said there was access on the flue pipe.

Am I missing something or should be getting onto the installer to sort it out?
thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Should state in MI's if the Chimney can be cleaned through the Stove - there is usually a baffle in the top of the fire box, which can be removed to allow chimney sweeping through the stove door, not sure about the little wenlock though! ;)

Is the flue attached to the top of the stove or the rear?

Thanks, I'm assuming that would work if the flue was connected to the top of the fire box. Ours is a rear flue with 90 degree bend upwards.

Sponsored Links
In which case there should be a cleaning access at the bottom of the flue.... Your installer should have known that!
Call the installer back....

On the HETAS certificate of compliance that he left a copy of with you there is a a box that says "Provision for sweeping chimney/flue pipe" He should have ticked either yes or no

Thanks for all the advice so far. There is a removable cap at the very bottom facing the floor but the chimney sweep said he wouldn't be able to gain access from there either because its too awkward to get to.

In which case, the installer has complied with regs but when installing a stove with a rear entry flue I always use a connecting flue pipe with an access panel to allow easier sweeping...... The rear plugs can be tricky to sweep through..

So based on advice above, your installer has correctly installed the stove.

But the chimney sweep has refused to sweep it because the manufacturer's access is too awkward!

It must be very frustrating to be a stove owner when this arises!

So the question is CAN the flue be modified to allow easy access?

Should the installer have done ( or offered ) an easy access?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back