Stove flue - what do you think

Sponsored Links
Most twin wall systems specify 50-60mm minimum distance to combustibles. Having said that I wouldn't have thought it a good idea to have plastic anywhere near. What is it meant to be, a vapour barrier?

Most twin wall systems specify 50-60mm minimum distance to combustibles. Having said that I wouldn't have thought it a good idea to have plastic anywhere near. What is it meant to be, a vapour barrier?

Correct its a twin wall flue with a spec for 60mm clearance to combustibles I believe. Yes its a vapour barrier I believe, I guess they didn't know how to handle keeping the house sealed as well as ensure clearance from the flue. But obviously plastic too close. One HETAS engineer that didn't do the install said its a fire hazard and would condemn it if it was ready to be used & connected the the stove.

I just wanted to know other guys opinions who are in the trade what the best practice is.

I'm not in the trade but have installed a couple of stoves. Is the picture taken inside a dummy chimney breast? I would remove all that plastic from inside it.

Sponsored Links
I'm not in the trade but have installed a couple of stoves. Is the picture taken inside a dummy chimney breast? I would remove all that plastic from inside it.

Yep an enclosure has been built around the flue as it passes through the room above the lounge and out the roof.

Never seen plastic used as any sort of seal around a flue before.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back