woodburning stoves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am thinking about having a corner woodburning stove installed in the corner of my bungalow lounge, I have no chimney so will be having a double skinned flue pipe . I have a number of questions about the installation.
1. Due to being installed in the corner of the room the distance from the lounge floor to the flue exit point on the roof is about 3.3 metres. Will this be long enough for the flue to work efficiently?
2. How far will the flue pipe have to stick out of the roof.
3.Would it be ok to box in the flue pipe with a false chimney breast just for decorative reasons .
4. Can you burn smokeless fuel in a woodburning stove.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
1 -3mtr min flue length..working depends on pressure zones and surroundings. 2- top of flue needs to be 1.5mtr horizontal from pitch. 3- yes , with surfficient fire proofing and ventilation. 4- yes.

Ideally the flue should be above the ridge. The building regs don't require that, but physics often does, and the regs haven't caught up yet.

Sponsored Links
mick8332,

There are 100's of stoves available, some are multi-fuel, and some models (by the like's of Dovre, Jotul and Vermont Castings - to name a few) are approved to burn wood in a Smoke Controlled Zone.

We've had our w/burner for about 8 years, and I can say hand-on-heart, it was the best £500 I've ever spent.

Good Luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back