Woodburning stove (hope this is the right thread)

sh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am looking to install a woodburning stove as a heating source as I have a good (free) supply of logs.
My chimney is already lined with a 9" liner from top to bottom(it is currently used as an open fire)
Can I install the woodburner with a flue pipe that just goes through the register plate into what would amount to being an 'oversized' liner
There is also a Rotorvent on top of the chimney pot.

Thanks in advance for your comments

Sponsored Links
You may have a claypot-lined chimney which is fine for a woodburning stove.
There is a raft of regulations regarding solid fuel installations nowadays and you're HETAS approved installer should advise.
My Dad who is in his seventies installed hiw own woodburning stove recently in place of an open fire. But he has over seventy years of experience with solid fuel so why would he be bothered with regulations?

Hetas is an organisation of registered competent persons and you pay such a person his or her desired fee. You can fit it yourself - you just need to do inform your local building control before you commence and they will advise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back