Stoves Cooker Wiring

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hi everyone,

I have just received a replacement GRILL SWITCH for a rather old STOVES ENVOY ES500 but it looks different than the original. Please can you help me with the wiring? The terminals on the new switch are marked - P1 - P2,4 - 2 - S2

Thanks for any information.

Sponsored Links
How to connect the replacement up depends on the make and model of simmerstat/thermostat you had fitted and the make and model you are replacing it with.

There are conversion charts as some require additional wiring, I may have the correct one for yours at work if you can post the make and numbers.

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

All the marks on the new switch, apart from the terminal numbers, are:

240Vac/15A
08 259 08 00
INVENSYS
MP-V01-SVC
86 05/08/09 0.5A

Thanks again.

Forgot to say,

Will have to visit customer to get details of old switch.
Will post as soon as possible.

Sponsored Links
Have been to customer.
Something else has gone wrong with oven so will be buying new one.
Information regarding switch is no longer required - thank you for your consideration.
Kind regards.

Sorry to hear,

I had a customer with a stoves buy a new oven switch as the old one would not turn off, when it came, it came as a pack requiring new oven and grill switches and stats along with some wiring.

We checked the part he had ordered as the first company he had called out to fit it for him took one look and walked away. The part number was wrong for his model but he insisted it was the correct one because the supplier said so.

I got there and took a look, the wiring diagram was different to the actual wiring so looking at the blurb it stated in bold words.

This pack is for the Diplomat version of Stoves ####### oven, this parts kit is not compatible discard the following parts if included ----------------

I hate fitting customer supplied parts at times as they always insist they have the right parts and we are wrong.

Hi,

Maybe just as well then.
It was really old and tatty.
It would have been my fault had it gone wrong again after fitting new switch.

The customer's always - eh, what's the word?

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back