Stoves double oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got called out to a Stoves double gas oven that wouldn't light on christmas eve. Turned out to be a snapped ignition lead. I replaced the terminal and reconnected it to the electrode and the oven now lights. Only thing is, once the burner has ignited, the ignition electrode keeps sparking. Surely this should stop once the FSD has reacted to the burner flame?

Any ideas where to look first as I have very litle experience of cookers. Do they have an ignition control module that may be at fault? The cutomer asked me to return after New Year to see if I could sort it out and would appreciate a bit of a heads up before I get there.

Thank in advance :D

Sponsored Links
Did it do it before you went....

Poor contact on your repair, flame not clean/proper size by the electrode. Live neutral been switched

Before I got there, there was no ignition at all due to the snapped end of the ignition lead making direct contact with the backplate of the oven and therefore not creating a spark. Good contact on repair; wire was clean, new and correct terminal used and securely attached. Flame picture is correct and covers the electrode. Will bear it in mind though, thank you.

Although you may have repaired the lead for the high voltage to the spark to get by the very low voltage for the flame rectification back to the ignition module is not. Only answer is a new lead.

Sponsored Links
Thanks mate, I will get one to take along with me. If that cures it then it will save a return visit to fit more bits. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back