Strange salamander pump issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok have trawler through the salamander pump topics and can see similar problems but not the same..... Any help greatly appreciated..... If asked before and I missed it many many apologies.

We have a salamander pump in bathroom purely feeding a shower cabinet..... It works brilliantly.... However if you have a shower straight after another or you have a long shower it goes scalding hot...... If you turn to full cold there is just a dribble comes out...... We have a big four-five foot high hot tank and a good sized cold tank....... Any thoughts or ideas..... Is annoying!!!!

Sponsored Links
run the shower and see if the tank in the loft is running low,the feed to the cold maybe higher than the feed to the hot, dont forget this tank is feeding both hot and cold so may not be big enough, also check that the feed to the tank isint restricted.

Now that's a quick reply.... Will check it out and let you know...... Seems logical many thanks for taking the time to answer

I was called to a customers house last week who had the same problem. He had bought a new pump and got his plumber to fit it for him but was having the same problem still. He wasn't pleased when I told him that his float valve had debris in it.

If he had called me in the first place he would have saved over £200.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Just an aside - the preferred setup at the cold tank is to take the cold outlet from slightly below the level of the outlet serving the hot cylinder.

Set up that way, if the level in the cold tank drops too far, the hot supply fails before the cold, and your shower alerts you by running cold instead of scalding you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back