Strange width doors.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Replacing a few very old doors in my kitchen.

They're a rather odd size 1930 x 710 and 1900 x 700

I just want to chuck in a couple of cheap moulded doors and can't seem to find anything this width. The height isn't a problem as it should be easy enough to cut 40mm from the top and bottom and just sort of re-build the top and bottom of the door frame, not ideal but I've done it a couple of time before and the doors have been fine.

I obviously don't really fancy cutting down the width of a door like that, or is that the only solution??

Any tips or advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Andy

Sponsored Links
710mm is as near as damn it 28". Jeldwen make doors of this width (28") 700mm would only need 1/4" off either side of one of these doors to fit.
Have a look on their website and find a supplier close to you.
http://www.jeldwen.co.uk/

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
I think I am just going to get standard size doors from wickes, cut them down and re build them, just taking half the width from each side.

Bit of a pain in the arse but should be ok with a bit of woodglue and a couple of pins.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back