strange windows

I found a diagram on a web site that showed a modern window acceptor fitted to a timber framed house, this appeared to position the window inline with the cavity (as the ones on mine are, or look like they are), so if i were to fit the windows in the brick i would have a problem with the original sill and a problem making good the inside, so i can see why they would stick with the windows in the original spot, the trim to be honest doesn't look that bad. Does any one do a upvc window with a 90 mm profile? to slot straight in?

Sponsored Links
If they do I've never heard of it.

70mm then 'D' mould trim or 45 arch, much like you have already. Its a bugger to use but avoid silicone on plastic to plastic, use Stelmax small gap filler. You can get it in a tooth paste sized tube.

thanks, so for measuring up would i use the brickwork size minus the manufactures recommended amount, as per normal, or do i have to be more accurate and what does the window frame actualy fit into?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back