Strap boss for cast iron

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a strap boss for 4" cast iron.

Does anybody know who stocks these or maybe a link?

Also, any idea of cost?

Sponsored Links
Pipecenter.

Draincenter.

Drainage castings.

Most Wolsey centers.

The last time I purchased one it cost me almost £40 and that was a few years back.

Pete

Sponsored Links
At £40 i would drill the cast and file it out and fit a £3 plastic one and seal with silicone,i always add silicone to plastic to plastis ones anyway.
Will take about half an hour unless you have a grinder bit which i use .

Oh just a thought,if its for condensate from a boiler then its not allowed.

No, it's for a Saniflo installation. I need one quick as the job has to be finished in time for the lady getting out of hospital next week.

Just ringing round, Plumbs don't do one so may have to wait until Drainage Center open on monday.

Regarding using a plastic boss onto CI, most will go on to leak. My only worry is this 4" stack looks slightly smaller in diameter from memory, I won't know until I offer up the boss.

Well, I've located one in stock 30 miles away in Gateshead. Only problem is, he tells me it has a tolerance of 110mm - 118mm OD.

I'm pretty sure the stuff I'm dealing with is 100mm OD :cry:

Regarding using a plastic boss onto CI, most will go on to leak. .
Not mine :LOL: Still ok since 1970`s ...no sign of leaks on the soilpipe . Good old hemp grommet and silicone . Yet another of my craftsman`s jobs . At the back of a shop in Uckfield if you`re interested

Do a search for strap on the results will keep you busy till monday :eek: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back