Strap on Boss Keeps Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new soil stack that has been run outside in plastic.

My problem is I keep getting weeping leaks from the strap on bosses that come from my upstairs sink and bath and also the lower strap on boss weeps tears.

The plumbers who installed the stack have been back twice now - on the top one it looks like they replaced the strap on boss with a new one and put some sort of white compound on it this stopped the leak for a good few weeks now it has returned.

They came back today to replaced the bottom strap on and also they have gunned lost of clear silicone around it which I think looks rubbish.

What can I do to sort this out myself? are there any better methods out there?

Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
remove the boss apply some solvent cement to the boss and replace.
never leak again

Not disputing the solvent bit but the two might not be solvent weld compatable, Sometimes they have to be drilled the right size as there can be a raised lip on the boss that should sit inside . After fitting I always put on a THIN smear of silicon just to make sure dosnt do any harm just in case!

Hi Pete

I wish this was a small bit of silicone that they put around there, this is the second time they have been around to repair the bosses after they have fitted the new stack and I still have leaks.
Not only that I have also noticed that solvent weld has been spilt onto my new upvc window ledges.

I have the liability insurance cert of the plumber and I'm thinking of claiming against them.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back