Strap-on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted a strapon to a 110mm soil pipe. The strapon had an insert of roughly 53mm and i drilled a hole of 51mm and filed the rest. I assumed that the insert of the strapon had to fit snugly into the hole i drilled in the soil pipe. I then fitted the strap on with solvent cement and tightened it. I have a leak.
I think i fitted the strapon wrong. On reflection i think I should have drilled a 40mm hole and the 53mm insert would have covered the 40mm hole.
The waste pipe to the soil pipe is 40mm.
Can anyone give me advice on how to properly onnect a strap on,

thanks in advance

scott

Sponsored Links
I reckon you got the hole right :confused: maybe you could get some gap filling solvent .......Osma used to do it specifically for s/o bosses.....also did you get it the right way up .......some are marked top some do`nt matter

Thanks,
it was marked top and i put it the right way up. I could try and use some solvent cement to blok where the leak is. Was i right in drilling the 53 mm hole? Is it not better to drill a hole smaller than the insert so that the insert covers the hole instead of sitting in it?

Sponsored Links
Polypipe do a gap filling solvent/adhesive you can smudge over the outside. Works if it was all dry, though I would imagine it might crack eventually. What you did sounds OK to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back