Streets of Rage

"it is history"

Which is hindsight.
The people in the UK believed it was a trade agreement.
Not a power grab. The sooner we get out the better.

Sponsored Links
"it is history"

Which is hindsight.
The people in the UK believed it was a trade agreement.
Not a power grab. The sooner we get out the better.

Certainly, that's what I believed. Perhaps I'll be accused of naivety, but do I care?

I agree. The sooner we are out, the better. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it is my firm belief that the EU will eventually self-destruct. However, the longer we remain in waiting for the inevitable, the more damage will be done.

"it is history"

Which is hindsight..

Sigh.

No, I mean that it is history that governments and institutions ALWAYS seek to expand their power.

People who thought the EEC would not become a federal EU just didnt study history, claiming you needed hindsight is just an excuse for ignorance.

it is my firm belief that the EU will eventually self-destruct.

I firmly believe the opposite, it will persist and it will become more federal. Look at greece, look at how they were screwed by their own polititions and the EU, yet they would still vote to stay.

Streets of rage used to be a great game on the Sega Megadrive, had me in stitches for hours, cracking people over the head with bars etc.

Drunk people in AnE need to be charged if they are there due to excess alcohol, if it's their fault or not. A small nominal fee should apply. Not some over the top charge like councils taken upon them for parking fines etc.

Should be the same for Fat people. Im fedup with fat people getting an easy ride.

Sponsored Links
it is my firm belief that the EU will eventually self-destruct.

I firmly believe the opposite, it will persist and it will become more federal. Look at greece, look at how they were screwed by their own polititions and the EU, yet they would still vote to stay.

Of course the Greeks would vote to stay. They are net beneficiaries of the arrangement, as are all the poorer countries of East Europe.

At the same time, there is an increasing drive in richer countries, such as France, Germany and, of course, ourselves, to exit this self-serving organisation. Whether the people of these countries actually vote to leave the EU remains to be seen, but one thing is certain: any country that feels it is giving in (including 'membership fees' and the influx of non-productive foreigners) more than it takes out (presumably, trade benefits) will eventually realise it is not worthwhile.

It may not happen this year, or in 2017, but I believe that eventually we shall find some countries deciding they are better off out. This is likely to be the richer countries and, if they leave the EU one by one, what will remain? A political union of poorer countries. And who will pay the fund the organisation then?

It is just possible that, much later, a new free-trade organisation is re-established. If so, I do hope that the powers that be learn from history and avoid any escalation of political powers and take-over of sovereignty of its members.

Drunk people in AnE need to be charged if they are there due to excess alcohol, if it's their fault or not. A small nominal fee should apply. Not some over the top charge like councils taken upon them for parking fines etc.

They are already charged, dunno why people persist in ignoring this fact.

But if you really want to pretend they are, think what the other consequence of such a policy would be.

Once you have established a precedent to charge people for self inflicted injuries.........

Of course the Greeks would vote to stay. They are net beneficiaries of the arrangement, as are all the poorer countries of East Europe.

They *where* beneficiaries, now they are screwed by being tied to the euro, can't print money and can't devaluate.

At the same time, there is an increasing drive in richer countries, such as France, Germany and, of course, ourselves, to exit this self-serving organisation.

Wut?

Germany is a massive benificiary through exports protected by the euro tag, france is almost a basket case itself, and poll after poll shows we wouldnt actually vote to leave, and UKIP have a whopping 1 MP which they only got through a by election.

They *where* beneficiaries, now they are screwed by being tied to the euro, can't print money and can't devaluate.

At the same time, there is an increasing drive in richer countries, such as France, Germany and, of course, ourselves, to exit this self-serving organisation.

Wut?

Germany is a massive benificiary through exports protected by the euro tag, france is almost a basket case itself, and poll after poll shows we wouldnt actually vote to leave, and UKIP have a whopping 1 MP which they only got through a by election.

So Greece is now trapped! No choice but to stay in.

As for Germany and France, Germany has always been the powerhouse of Europe and I'm sure would still thrive outside of the EU. In France, of course, the 'basket cases' are mirroring the rise of UKIP over here.

Over here, UKIP have already had profound effects even with only one 'whopping' MP (for now!). LibLabCon are all running scared and making changes (and performing U-turns) that they wouldn't beforehand have ever considered.

It serves no purpose to argue about what might or might not happen. Let's just wait and see. I do believe that if the electorate decides to remain in the EU, their children will live to regret it.

Over here, UKIP have already had profound effects even with only one 'whopping' MP (for now!). LibLabCon are all running scared and making changes (and performing U-turns) that they wouldn't beforehand have ever considered.

What effects?

A load of noise coming out of Camerons mouth, and a promise of a promies of a neverendum on his terms if he gets a majority, labour and lib dem still rulling out any refurendum.

Ohhhhhh!

Wut?

When did the guardian conduct those polls? :LOL:

Why are the Europhiles so afraid of a referendum? :LOL:
We all know the answer to that one.

85"]Who voted for mass immigration? Don't remember it in anyone's manifesto.

It was part and parcel of the EU deal, you didn't bother to read the small print, the older generation voted for it.

Millions of people of all ages, not just middle/old aged, voted the party in that opened the floodgates. When Bliar dragged the band members of Oasis into no. 10 and droned on about 'cool Britannia', was he courting the grey vote?

Labour are not responsible for EU immigration, it is part an parcel of the EU package, which older generations voted for.

I was replying to your comment about 'rubbish immigrants' - so not sure why you choose to highlight EU immigration (with the exception of Roma gypsies). I'm certainly no cheerleader for immigration of any kind - far from it. But the majority of EU immigrants don't come under the 'rubbish' category.

The ones under this heading would be those with large, unsustainable families from Africa and Asia, who have little to offer, and often bring great dangers to a civilised, largely Christian democracy.

So, in addition to what JBR and Norcon have said about your post, I have to point out that EU immigration is only a part of the immigration problem. I agree that Labour may not have been directly responsible for EU immigration - though they certainly downplayed the situation/numbers - their finger prints are all over the wholesale non-EU immigration that we are suffering still to this day. It's definitely not down to the older generation/baby boomers.

If previous posts are accurate, the clause referred to free movement of workers.

Workers.

Not waves of benefit tourists.

Talking of migrants did i hear this right on the news being discussed? Anyone from abroad can come over here register for unemployment benefits and for their kids back home in their home country?

Talking of migrants did i hear this right on the news being discussed? Anyone from abroad can come over here register for unemployment benefits and for their kids back home in their home country?

Yes, of course. Why do you think they all come here rather than France or other countries.

This immigration problem is as much our fault as the EU's.

Sponsored Links
Back