Strikes

Sponsored Links
Effin stupid.
Of course everyone wants to keep up with inflation. But if you just print money, nobody's better off.

If HMG made a good case for accepting a bit less to avoid a horrible spiral like many of us have seen before, many would accept it.

Announce a figure, with maybe a higher number for those on under £xxx or dibble with tax so the lower paid benefit.

The unions are accusing the Govt of politicising the strike action, the strikers are themselves politicising the process, the Marxists are hard at work here, Starmer is threatening action against front benchers who attend picket lines, the Marxist Momentum group are demanding a list of Labour MP's who don't attend picket lines.

The Government certainly have a fight on their hands, I don't know who will win. The Marxists claim it's not about money, it's about protecting jobs, but how can they protect jobs that simply aren't required, fully manned ticket offices selling a dozen tickets a day? madness.

Let's be realistic, we don't actually need train drivers.

The unions are accusing the Govt of politicising the strike action, the strikers are themselves politicising the process, the Marxists are hard at work here, Starmer is threatening action against front benchers who attend picket lines, the Marxist Momentum group are demanding a list of Labour MP's who don't attend picket lines.

The Government certainly have a fight on their hands, I don't know who will win. The Marxists claim it's not about money, it's about protecting jobs, but how can they protect jobs that simply aren't required, fully manned ticket offices selling a dozen tickets a day? madness.

Hilarious

Fillyboy says we needed to end freedom of movement so wages could go up

and now here is Fillyboy saying workers should have low wages.

the dumbness of brexers, you couldn’t make it up

Let's be realistic, we don't actually need train drivers
It’s not about train drivers, the vast majority on strike are RMT.

but hey brexers we’re never bothered about facts

Sponsored Links
Hilarious

Fillyboy says we needed to end freedom of movement so wages could go up

and now here is Fillyboy saying workers should have low wages.

the dumbness of brexers, you couldn’t make it up

No, I'm saying people shouldn't spout bollux and call people liars when their whole argument is in itself lies, it ain't a good look.

Are the Russians involved in this strike ?? Some how ?

Agents infiltrating the union ?

One of the high ups in the union
Eddy some one ?

Visited Ukranian territory controlled by the Russians posed for photos
Holding an AK47 afaik ?????

Eddy Dempsey ????

It’s not about train drivers, the vast majority on strike are RMT.

You clearly didn't read the short lived 'debate'. The one where somebody said;

"ASLEF members are not striking. Fact!! (if I dare use that much over-used word)"

Now personally, I don't give a **** who's on strike or who's not, it simply doesn't affect me, it doesn't affect my life. But arguments have been put up calling out the govt for including train drivers wages in the average rail workers strike, called it dishonest, said train drivers aren't on strike.

Well, the thing is, they ******* are, their Union has stated as much, there are trains currently sitting there with no hands on the steering wheel, I'm not sure what further evidence you need.

Somebody is telling lies for political gain, it ain't the govt and it ain't me.

The bottom line Notch is that like the other poster, I can't remember his name and can't be @rsed to trawl back and find out, you're a pair of silly little Marxists devoid of any argument.

No, I'm saying people shouldn't spout bollux and call people liars when their whole argument is in itself lies, it ain't a good look.
He isn’t, he destroyed your argument.

this strike isn’t about train drivers

but Tory MPs and those shilling for them are trying to make it all about train drivers.

fully manned ticket offices selling a dozen tickets a day
Fact is there aren't many if any of those around. Sometimes manned maybe. Womaned actually. Maybe we should say attended in case strange sexual aspects crop up.

One airline is heading for problems. The Spanish feel they should be paid the same as the French and Germans get for the same job in a different country.

2 bus services in towns just out of B'ham are loosing £1m a year. I think that's each actually.

Some aspect or the other of the welsh and scotish rail network is nationalised. Usage patterns probably differ like the above buses. SE and WM rail usage is probably rather similar.

Like cross rail. Boris involved, crap management team put in, late, over budget and they had to bring in someone who had heard of critical path analysis to sort it out. The driverless aspect was particularly difficult. Apply to the entire network?

Cross rail - great for the SE, What about the rest. B'ham had to put up with 1/2 sized platforms so that there could be more of them.

Did you look at those links I posted ? £54.7b net debt. Following the link to buying bonds is interesting too.

What's up with the rail really. Usage patterns haven't returned to pre covid levels so something has to go, Modernise - crap but ok bring it on. Gov spends £5b year on improvements. Boris says £16.4b - true once for covid. A lot of that wasn't to make up for just lost passenger revenue.

Boris is in Rwanda - maybe we can arrange for him to loose his UK citizenship there.

Gone - You may as well get used to the idea that you are living in a country that in some ways is f'd up. More of the same is unlikely to sort it out.

Are the Russians involved in this strike ?? Some how ?

Agents infiltrating the union ?

One of the high ups in the union
Eddy some one ?

Visited Ukranian territory controlled by the Russians posed for photos
Holding an AK47 afaik ?????

Eddy Dempsey ????

Yeah he met up with that para military leader nationalist Russian bloke

Alexandra Mozgovoy

You clearly didn't read the short lived 'debate'. The one where somebody said;

"ASLEF members are not striking. Fact!! (if I dare use that much over-used word)"

Now personally, I don't give a **** who's on strike or who's not, it simply doesn't affect me, it doesn't affect my life. But arguments have been put up calling out the govt for including train drivers wages in the average rail workers strike, called it dishonest, said train drivers aren't on strike.

Well, the thing is, they ******* are, their Union has stated as much, there are trains currently sitting there with no hands on the steering wheel, I'm not sure what further evidence you need.

Somebody is telling lies for political gain, it ain't the govt and it ain't me.

The bottom line Notch is that like the other poster, I can't remember his name and can't be @rsed to trawl back and find out, you're a pair of silly little Marxists devoid of any argument.
Tory supporters have been constantly been making these strikes about train drivers only.

it’s what the right do, they create division and hatred.
its what you do.

He isn’t, he destroyed your argument.

this strike isn’t about train drivers

but Tory MPs and those shilling for them are trying to make it all about train drivers.

RMT may not involve train drivers but ASLEF does, and they have called strike action, don't take my word for it, visit their website, I put a link up earlier.

referendums :ROFLMAO:
Certainly
Sow the seeds of hatred and division

Next stop Scotland

Hatred and division

Claims and counter claims

Jeez us wept

:giggle:

Like cross rail. Boris involved, crap management team put in, late, over budget and they had to bring in someone who had heard of critical path analysis to sort it out. The driverless aspect was particularly difficult. Apply to the entire network?

Cross rail - great for the SE, What about the rest. B'ham had to put up with 1/2 sized platforms so that there could be more of them.

Did you look at those links I posted ? £54.7b net debt. Following the link to buying bonds is interesting too.

What's up with the rail really. Usage patterns haven't returned to pre covid levels so something has to go, Modernise - crap but ok bring it on. Gov spends £5b year on improvements. Boris says £16.4b - true once for covid. A lot of that wasn't to make up for just lost passenger revenue.

Boris is in Rwanda - maybe we can arrange for him to loose his UK citizenship there.

Gone - You may as well get used to the idea that you are living in a country that in some ways is f'd up. More of the same is unlikely to sort it out.

Yes that's all fine and dandy, but do you accept that there are train drivers on strike, as confirmed by ASLEF, and there are now two people on here saying that's not the case, or that black is white if you will.

The ghost of Scargill turning up on a picket line emphasised how this will end: redundancies, closures, and fewer staff. Automation will gradually take over many stations, especially at larger ones where it should speed up the process for commuters and travellers.
It's already begun in Japan and they should be seen as a model for our railways to be run: efficient, clean, with trains that not only run on time but take you there in comfort.
This is part of the reason why management want to reduce costs in some areas to allow them to bring in automation and update the service as a whole.
I'd be more sympathetic if the discrepancies in the wage structure weren't so wide. Who are the real Fat Cats - Graham Sutherland is earning around 1 million per year for his daily bread.
Like i said; since MPs awarded themselves a 2.7% rise then a similar rise for workers would be seen as fair...that would at least make up for the loss in earnings in real terms since the Tories returned to power 12 years ago. So they can at least try and stop blaming Labour for this state of affairs.
The DoT has had plenty of time to mediate between the two sides and come to a settlement but it suits Grant Shapps to play politics and blame the workers for this strike rather than settle before strike action was taken.

Sponsored Links
Back