Strikes

don't support the strike action because I feel the average salary of those workers and the settlements already on offer don't justify strike action
based on what?

Oh, just the fact you are a Tory voter, that’s it

public sector workers have had an effective salary drop of about 25% since 2010

Sponsored Links
Zero knowledge and doesn't have any effect on him. It's a common reaction especially as people get older and I don't mean a lot older but it can be even worse then - entirely different when I was a kid type approach. Usually figures anyway.

Actually it's not just public sector. It's all areas where companies manage to do it. Odd exceptions crop up. HGV drivers for instance, A change means that there isn't enough of them. That will always cause pay to rise if companies want to remain in business. So in general terms for a lot of people income has decreased. The degree varies.

Part of the problem when people get them is headline inflation based pay rises. They are not an accurate reflection of true figures. Currently for instance it's said to be ~9% but it's well known that staples are running at a significant higher rate.. This isn't unusual and it means that as income levels go down people get hit harder and harder. As someone said in question time the country has been heading for pay problems for a long time - especially those told your going to get 2%. He also said cut tax. Bit of a problem as if there are going to be any sort of public services they have to be paid for. Curiously they are collecting more despite the pay clamp. The latest idea is to reduce further by getting rid of people. A number are going to need to be looked after by the state. We have been here before - go back to what can be called the Thatcher era where this cropped up in the private sector. Her Tory mantra is still with us. Keep apparent gov expenditure low. Some of that was done by shifting who was paid for some of it - the council tax idea. Privatisation is much the same - no more topping them up from the tax take and getting some corporation tax back instead. Also shifting gov debt to the companies concerned when more money is needed. The NHS is still basically run from the tax take with various privatised bits stuck in it. PFI - well we are paying the costs. A quick google. Maybe it's exaggerated but it makes a point where ever it's used

IPPR analysis of latest HMRC data found that PFI, the scheme which funded capital spending through private finance, is costing the NHS an extortionate amount. For just £13bn of investment, the NHS has been landed with an £80bn bill

:) Next time you visit one and park in the multistory run by some company or the other think about it. Who should cover the debt in these sort of areas?

Now Barristers are demanding a pay rise and the Mail's headline is screaming about Doctor's wanting a 30% rise o_O Good luck with that.
Best go on a world tour, PrimeMinister, there's nothing for you here but Woe and Sorrow.

Sponsored Links
Where I live, if you didn't work on the land you joined the army or you wokked down t'pit.

There are still drinking pubs around here that have separate seating areas for scabs & strikers.

I'm going on strike too.

My demand is the return of bacon butties on Thursdays at work and the removal of the dangerous fruit bowl.
:)

based on what?

The world has never really recovered since the financial crash. Yes, most workers are probably at least 25% worse off. Inflation is one cause but the biggest recent factor is the devaluing of currencies via QE.
Giving everyone a 30% pay rise will kill what little growth there is and drive inflation even higher.

I might be a Tory but it hurts me as much as a Marxist when I fill my van up.

but the biggest recent factor is
the systematic dismantling of the economy by the manipulation of people to stay at home and close businesses and the epic if not biblical waste of a cool 4 billion quid .

The world has never really recovered since the financial crash. Yes, most workers are probably at least 25% worse off
Well that’s odd, lowest paid workers have suffered stagnating wages but top earners have seen their income and wealth increased massively.

Tory austerity was only for the poor people

Well that’s odd, lowest paid workers have suffered stagnating wages but top earners have seen their income and wealth increased massively.

Tory austerity was only for the poor people

I don't disagree with the rich are getting richer argument, QE helps their cause immensely. As for austerity, even Germany, who were wealthy beyond belief and had a trade surplus above that allowed by the Maastricht Treaty, had austerity measures, most EU countries did, they were all falling into line with the Maastricht Treaty. We've covered this before, perhaps you don't remember. Not being aligned to the Maastricht Treaty and the financial controls that entails is yet another Brexit bonus.

Sponsored Links
Back