Strimmer Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, We are now on Strimmer No 7 - yes 7 in three and a half years ! Why does the line continuously either break or disappear? Each and every time I make sure it is wound the correct way, very tight and uniform as instructed but we just seem to have bad luck all the time. It could be because I am buying the cheaper models (that's because I just know it's going to end up at the tip). Can anyone recommend a good one to buy? I know the principal on all Strimmers is usually the same but if anyone could recommend one which is easy to refill I would appreciate it.

Sponsored Links
Strimmers that fall out of Christmas crackers use a very fine line that will break at anything thicker than lawn grass.
Treat yourself to a Honda UMK series which uses a 3.2 diameter line and it will deal with anything you can throw its way! If it has to be an electric machine, base models are available from Stihl, Husqvarna and Ryobi.
John :)

Do you replace the strimmer when the line is finished or buy a replacement spool with new line?
I've had a Qualcast for several years which i've replaced the spool countless times with lines of various thicknesses - these keep snapping when in contact with concrete blocks/ large stones

I've now bought a cheap Bosch strimmer with a single line (Qualcast had 2) so it'll be easier to feed through when the line snaps which i think is inevitable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back