Strimmer recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have some areas of grass that need to be cut all around the fences that border my garden, I figured that a reasonably priced electric strimmer would do the job (it's nothing but long grass and a few weeds after all) - but have been thwarted on recent attempts as my local DIY stores seem to have sold out of all but the smallest models during the sunshine.

As such I am now looking online and obviously have much greater number to chose from, most of which seem to have negative reviews... Can anyone recommend me a reasonable strimmer for tidying the garden with?

Would prefer not to use petrol because I think it would be overkill somewhat...

Sponsored Links
Our very own merlin50 found a 240v Stihl machine for around the £50 mark - no need to look further than that!
John :)

I saw some of them online - but they seem to have odd requirements regarding their purchase; do I need to find a local supplier or is there an online shop that will trust me when I say I've used strimmers before and therefore do not need a full briefing on how to use them?

Stihl generally insist that their customers and users get a demonstration regarding the machine use - which is fair enough, I guess considering the amount of people out there who don't have a clue.....!
You'll not beat Stihl kit though so it is worth the effort.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Discovered my local independent lawn mower centre stocked these - £60 and certainly a good performer

Thanks for the advice!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back