Strip light issue

Sponsored Links
It's clearly different to a situation where an overpowered FCU or MCB can power a lower powered device e.g. lights on a 32Amp breaker.
That's the parallel I was trying to draw.

There is no comparison - totally different devices. FCUs and MCBs are passive devices i.e.they are not power supplies. They are just a combination of a switch and an overload and/or fault protection device. Under normal operation they are no different from a length of cable. Their current ratings refer to the maximum current they can handle under normal operation. The actual current that flows is a function of the supply voltage and the load being supplied.

It was only the first that came up. I will delete it.

Substitute a better one if you have it.

Sponsored Links
It was only the first that came up.
The idea to help people build a picture of electricity is a good one. Many of the issues that arise on forums such as this are caused by not having that all important image in their mind.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back