Strip lights...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
for a cabinet / dresser used as a platform for DJ decks.

I want strip lights at the back of the decks, adjacent with the angle of the vertical wall, and the top of the cabinet. (Hope that makes sense)

The cabinet is 58" long, so I wanted four 12" blue strip lights and one 10" white one in the middle.

What sort of fittings would you reccomend.

The fluorescents aren't suitable because of the colours required.

The other type ive seen are the ones designed for cars, and Im not sure if they'll be suitable.

Also I would like the lights to be linkable (preferably with the plug adapters like on the kitchen cabinet fittings) as i'll be switching them from the same switch.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
prd{03E102B4-E715-4B2F-9A76-F1876ADED5DC}.jpg

who says you cant have blue flourecents?

prd{0517A026-5383-417B-867C-0BDF60183816}.jpg

or light blue

prd{3B0FB7D7-1954-4446-A4F3-7751528A93EA}.jpg

or geen

get a 4 foot tube and have it coloured at both ends only

Sponsored Links
Cheers for your reply, I didn't even know you could get coloured fluorescents.

However I would like something a bit more slimline than a fluorescent fitting. The rope light would be great, if anybody knows somewhere that could supply me one made-to-measure. Thanks.

It can only be supplied in metre lengths, I need much shorter than that, although doubling over the light would work.

What I need is shy of half a metre.

why not buy some led's, mount them in trunking, have any colour you like

Sorry, I may be being too vague.

What I want is lights on top of the cabinet as shown below - the continuous lines shows the cabinet, the three seperates show the light fittings.
24" 10" 24"
blue light white light blue light
---------- ----------- ----------
----------------------------------

hope this helps

SM.

grid plus really shouldn't be complex to fit. It is just a load of switches that happen to be on the same panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back