Strobe on alarm bell box contantly flashing PLEASE HELP ME

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just replaced my old bell box with a new one, however my old one had 6 wires and the new one only has 5 inputs there is a + & - stobe on my old box and only a - strobe on the new one.
i was told to just tie up the blue wire (stobe +) and connect the white (strobe -) to the stobe - connection. i have done this but once i tested the alarm the stobe stays on flashing even though the panel has been reset ??

is there anyway of getting around this problem, for the time being i have disconnected both the strobe wires and system works fine (but with no strobe at all) but i would like to be able to get the strobe to work in alarm condition and then switch off when reset.

any help gratefully appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
i do not know what panel it is to be honest it was already in when we moved in the house. i have a booklet that says it is an SL8 G3 intruder alarm panel model is 8SP 402 SL8 G3 other than that i do not know.

in the panel it has :

strobe +
strobe -
T -Ve tamper
A -Ve supply (0v)
D +Ve supply (12v)
B -Ve sounder trigger

but my new bell box only has the 5 connections no Strobe +

sounds like an old panel, i will see if i have a manual for it, it will prob be programed as +ve for strobe activation, all modern bell boxes are -ve strobe trigger, you could attach strobe -ve to -ve for bell, that means the strobe will flash when bell ringing.

if i find a manual i will look if it can be re-programmed to -ve on activation.

if i link the -ve strobe to -ve bell would that not overload the circuit an possibly cause the fuse to blow or even worse ??

think its an accenta g3, can you take a pic of keypad to confirm, i will have a manual for that if thats the panel.

As I said above if i link the -ve strobe to -ve bell would that not overload the circuit an possibly cause the fuse to blow or even worse ??

I have the manual here but gives no help. Says stobe is 12v latching if that's any use ?
If I did the link on the bell strobe would it cause any electical problems with fuses etc (fire possibilities etc...)

that means that the strobe give 12v from the panel to activate must be a quite old panel, other than putting a relay in, you may not have a choice then to link it with neg bell output, some panels you can alter the programming but with out knowing for sure what panel it is i can t confirm this, it would not cause any fire probs worse case it would blow the bell output fuse but i would be very surprised if it did. Again if i new exactly what panel it was i could look at the output limits but i dont think there will be a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back