Strobe on alarm bell box contantly flashing PLEASE HELP ME

Sponsored Links
Looking at the manual there is a set of 9 connectors directly to the left of fuse F5.

Looking at them left to right they are >

Speaker
Speaker
Strobe +
Strobe -
T = -Ve tamper return
A = -Ve supply (0)
D = +Ve supply (12v)
B = -Ve Sounder trigger
Set

Looking at the manual there is a set of 9 connectors directly to the left of fuse F5.

Looking at them left to right they are >

Speaker
Speaker
Strobe +
Strobe -
T = -Ve tamper return
A = -Ve supply (0)
D = +Ve supply (12v)
B = -Ve Sounder trigger
Set

Yes my panel is same as this !

Sponsored Links
Problem is I have no strobe + connection in my bell box and strobe goes off constant if I just wire it up with just the stobe - and tie up strobe +

SL8 optima panel switched negative dont forget optimas/accentas strobe will flash until the reset button is pressed !!!!!!

Well there ya go then, what's the problem?

this panel must activate +ve upon strobe activation and - ve must be permanant hence when wired up to new bell box strobe flashes continuously. i can only think adding a relay or connecting strobe to bell -ve although not ideal

if i link the -ve strobe to -ve bell would that not overload the circuit an possibly cause the fuse to blow or even worse ??
Used to be done that way as the norm years ago, go for it, I'd be very surprised if you had a problem.

Is this a 'stand alone' strobe you're talking about, if it is, don't give it a second thought, connect to >>

D = +Ve supply (12v)
B = -Ve Sounder trigger

No its a strobe integrated in the bell box not stand alone. So just link strobe should be okay then

Have you a test meter?
Check the strobe output, see if it is constantly firing.

Mains is present, isolate and check before opening the panel (Although you have been in there already).

Also check the trigger is not shorted.

example he takes off panel or bell box cover, does he have engineer code ? if not he puts in his customer code to silence alarm, strobe will be active untill he resets system and all is clear. is he connecting bell box strobe and thinking its faulty because its still flashing ? even checking at panel will show that the strobe is activating. does it still flash when the panel is fully reset and back in day mode ?

Well we can only accept what he says.

But easy enough to open panel and close tampers to check.
We have to assume he has opened the lid before and it has been reset.
He says so in Post #1.

from what i can gather the strobe is active even fully reset and in day mode, so can only assume his panel kicks out -ve for stobe and +ve kicks into activate it, although if an optima i thought they were neg trigger for strobe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back