Stroppy plumbers and sparkys

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why is it that it only seems to be the electrics and plumbing forums that you get stroppy, unhelpful answers.

God, you guys have a massive chip on your shoulders.

The whole reason for somebody posting a question on this site, is that they need your help. Why then do you feel the need to slag people off, and make unhelpful comments.

Obviously I am not talking about everybody, there are some really helpful people on here. But some of you, and you know who you are, are just total idiots.

Sponsored Links
I believe, people come on to this site to ask a question & then either 'get the answer & never to be seen again' OR 'like what they read & get involved', They get stroppy (I agree some do), because it makes them feel good.
Why do people go on about spellinh mistakes on here, they are plumbers & electricians, teachers cant plumb & electric.
Spell check on here as as good as a chocolate ashtray

sparkies are even like it in the pub, "do you want a pint ?"....... "sharp intake of breath"
Hey! some of my best friends are sparkies :LOL:

Sponsored Links
allgoom said:
Why is it that it only seems to be the electrics and plumbing forums that you get stroppy, unhelpful answers.

Your opinion?

You know then?

The whole reason for somebody posting a question on this site, is that they need your help.

Or maybe they don't want to spend money paying someone else to do it.

Why then do you feel the need to slag people off, and make unhelpful comments.

Don't just slag off plumbers and electricians, provide some answers instead.

Obviously I am not talking about everybody, there are some really helpful people on here. But some of you, and you know who you are, are just total idiots.

It isn't at all obvious, and since we're idiots, we're unlikely to know who we are.

well i havent found people here like that. some may deserve sarcastic answers when they post " my central heating has packed up " DOH plumbers / elecs need INFORMATION to help

allgoom said:

Not true at all, you will find plumbers and electricians giving unhelpful answers in all subjects! :D

They've been to a giant food-fight.

oilman said:
Or maybe they don't want to spend money paying someone else to do it.

Surely the biggest and best reason for this site's existence and success??

Everybody's nasty to me. I'll tell my Dad if it continues.

joe

joe-90 said:
Everybody's nasty to me. I'll tell my Dad if it continues.

joe

Oh **** off Joe...hehehehehehehehe :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

(sorry...it was too good an opportunity to miss)

allgoom said:

That is not true, perhaps it is simply you have chosen to highlight this aspect of the forum. We all have off days and perhaps the way people post questions is part of the problem..as someone has noted above.,.we are not clairvoyent and without accurate information you may not get the answer you want or expected..I agree that some replies may not seem helpful.

allgoom said:

I wonder how you earn a living and if you would always be happy to give advice to people that can be thought of as taking money out of your pocket...as that is in a way what it is..

allgoom said:
The whole reason for somebody posting a question on this site, is that they need your help. Why then do you feel the need to slag people off, and make unhelpful comments.

See my comments above...posters of questions often open themselves up for comment when they ask really dumb questions..like "can I use my internal xmas lights on the tree in my garden!!" How stupid do you need to be to ask this...and it has been asked recently on the forum..

allgoom said:

Obviously not all posters of questions are arrogant and stupid, but you know who you are...afterall everyone else are total idiots...

And yu say we have a chip on our shoulder.. :LOL:

Personally I think some of the problem is that everyday people do not understand the banter that occurs in the construction industry, some of it seems highly personal and even offensive to outsiders, I have seen this in offices over the years during small works or refurbs. Everyone is getting on famously, having a good crack, but the clients employees think WWIII is breaking out and everyone are mad homosexuals...yet we all leave happy...they don't get that bit...

I do believe that after many years in the industry that it is likely some of us, not just sparks and plumb-bobs, don't always turn that sarcasm and banter off when we leave site at night..and it carries over to our "normal" lives...

Big_Spark said:
Personally I think some of the problem is that everyday people do not understand the banter that occurs in the construction industry, some of it seems highly personal and even offensive to outsiders, I have seen this in offices over the years during small works or refurbs. Everyone is getting on famously, having a good crack, but the clients employees think WWIII is breaking out and everyone are mad homosexuals...yet we all leave happy...they don't get that bit...

I do believe that after many years in the industry that it is likely some of us, not just sparks and plumb-bobs, don't always turn that sarcasm and banter off when we leave site at night..and it carries over to our "normal" lives...

also that thing they do with half their bum hanging out of the top of their trousers, which to the untrained eye makes them look as if they are to fat and their trousers don't fit but is realy a complex status system that only they understand

pickles said:
Big_Spark said:

*also that thing they do with half their bum hanging out of the top of their trousers, which to the untrained eye makes them look as if they are to fat and their trousers don't fit but is realy a complex status system that only they understand*
:LOL: wotcher wilfred, thats the craic :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back