Structural Engineers report

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Im just away to build an extension and building regs say that i will prob need a structural engineers report/cert for the outer wall that im removing and installing a lintel. The wall is cavity wall 100mm bricks with a 50mm cavity. The span is 2.7m I was going to put in twin h beams but have since looked at catnics and pre stressed lintels. Does anyone know of an engineers that will provide a certificate online if i just send a copy of the plans. Or would i just put the tech info for a catnic on my plans and hope that it goes through building regs no problem.
Cheers
Oh and its Scottish regs

Sponsored Links
The wall size and span, although very pertinent, are only part of the equation.

Other factors include, remaining brickwork/blockwork and buttressing, arching, point loading, wind loads, foundations, floor and roof loads etc.

If you can find an on-line solution that can encompass all the relevant factors then give us all the link. ;)

Some councils will accept beams upto certain spans without engineers calcs. Ask if yours do.

Otherwise, if you use a standard lintel in a typical situation in accordance with the manufacturers guidelines, then you should not have to provide calculations to justify it

Sponsored Links
Apologies for paucity of posts: normal service will be resumed after October 14th. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back