Structural objections to supporting wall removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, got a response from my building warrant application for removing a structural wall on ground floor and installation of beam. Not part of the application was removal of a chimney breast from loft to ground floor, as the BCO had already confirmed this didn't need building regs approval. But I need some help in working out what I have to do to counter these structural objections:

01. Re-instate buttressing to rear wall. [to me, reinstating means putting back the way it was. or does reinstate mean 'make good', e.g. prep and plaster? what does buttressing mean in this context? the wall being removed comes out of the rear wall at right angles]

03. Add propping note to the drawings. [would this mean specify the method for propping the 1st floor wall before removing the ground floor?]

04. Add specification for re-instatement of masonry following downtaking. [similar to above, does this mean specify the prep and plastering to make good where the wall has been taken away?]

Specify and detail roof re-instatement following removal of chimney breast. [the chimney was taken below the roof before we bought the house, when the house was re-roofed, so I'm hoping they're not going to ask us to provide anything related to this. more likely that the guy just didn't read the application properly]

Thanks for any advice,

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back