Struggling to get architects interested in extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I'm trying to get the ball rolling with a two-storey side extension to my end-of-terrace house. On the surface it's nothing unusual and the kind of thing that must get done quite often. I have sketches and my own plans and plenty to tell someone if they would visit. I've contacted a good lot of local architects and also posted on some "advertise your job" sites but haven't found anyone willing to come and have a look or perhaps take on the job, in two months now that I've been trying.

I don't want to be in the position of competing for someone to work for me, of course I'd rather it was the other way around. Is there a way to go about this sort of thing that perhaps I'm ignorant of? Is it just a case of contacting more and more architects?

I find it unusual because for other jobs I've had done in the past, physical trades, I was overloaded with interest and everyone wanted to at least have a look at the job.

Thanks for any guidance,

Sponsored Links
Are you looking for Architects - with a capital A and RIBA members? Or just someone to draw your plans?

Architects may well not be interested in extension work.

You would be better off with a local architectural technician. Try yellow pages, or look on your council's planning web site. There will be plenty
of planning applications on there, with names/addresses of technicians on the 'application form' pages.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back