Stuart Turner Universal Monsoon Pressure Vessel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having discovered a couple of years ago, what happens to the pump when the pressure vessel has lost its pressure over time (pump starts on its own and runs for a few seconds) I fitted a new pressure vessel. I was unable to find a leak in the old unit. Two years down the road and I had to recharge the pressure vessel to the 1.5 bar. Given the tiny volume of these vessels, I did consider fitting a 90 degree elbow and mounting a slightly larger pressure vessel vertically. My logic being that a larger volume air chamber should require a bit less topping up,
Do the experts among you know if this will have any adverse consequences in the operation of the pump. Before you shout at me to eliminate any air loss, were are talking a tiny volume over a long period.

Am I mad to even think of doing this?

Thanks and best regards all.

Sponsored Links
Just check and re-inflate the pressure at least annually...all expansion/pressure vessels will loose pressure over time just like a car tyre.

I've just checked the ST manual.... Pressure vessel: Should ever the need arise for the vessel to have its air charge checked or replenished, it should be carried out as follows: -

I guess they all drive round with flat tyres at the factory :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, can't imagine how the average homeowner deals with this, unless they live with the pump cycling on its own.

Good to know I don't need to connect a permanent compressor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back