Stuck drill bit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I have just bought a makita SDS+ drill to drill through the wall of my house as my old hammer drill was useless. Unfortunately with the excitement of my new gadget and my enthusiasm i have now gone and stuch the drill bit in the wall with a bit sticking out each side.

Either on forward or reverse the drill is just slipping on the clutch and the bit is not moving. I have tried hammering the bit with a lump hammer but it is stuck fast.....any ideas how i could get this out or should i leave it and drill another hole but take my time to do it slowly and clear the dust better.

Leaving the stuck bit would be ok as it comes out underground outside and is beneath floor level inside.

thanks
Trevor

Sponsored Links
If it was a bit higher up,you could use it as a coat hook!!,,,, sorry :rolleyes:.... but if as you say it's below floor/ground level, and it doesn't bother you, just leave it, and drill a new hole.

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
p4614426_x.jpg

does your new drill have a roto-stop setting? that might shake it loose

I am not a brutal person so I would probably drill another hole right next to it. presumably you still need a hole there (that is not blocked with a bit)

I have a feeling you might have been in a wet brick, they seem to grab.

another thign to add if you hit the sds end hard you might find although it looks undamaged, it will not go into the chuck anymore.

thanks for all replies guys. Tried mole grips and hitting it with a great big **** off hammer but ended up having to leave it where it was and drill another hole this time clearing the bit as i went. Stuck bit will make a handy tie down point if i ever need one in the garage.... :oops:

thanks for all replies guys. Tried mole grips and hitting it with a great big **** off hammer but ended up having to leave it where it was and drill another hole this time clearing the bit as i went. Stuck bit will make a handy tie down point if i ever need one in the garage.... :oops:

Oh, well, it'll give someone a laugh in years to come!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back