Stuck shower pump/heating staying on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there

I have 2 problems.
The first is when the shower is turned on there is a loud buzzing from the pump & the casing gets very hot but nothing seems to spin round inside, if thats what its supposed to do. Can this be unstuck or do I need to buy a new one? Its a Stuart Turner Showermate 1.4 Bar twin. I do not know how old this is as I have only been living in the house for 18 months but the whole central heating system is approximately 5/6 years old & put in by Harp heating. The boiler is a Haltead Best 60 .

The other problem is with the central heating wall thermostats. I have one in the hall & another one in the main bedroom, near the door. Without using the programmer at all, the central heating can be switched on & off by moving the bedroom thermostat towards 20 degrees, it clicks & the boiler lights. At night I have to turn the thermostat right down or the heating stays on all night. However,in the morning the programmer switches it on, but I have to turn it up again to the correct temperature.

Any help on both would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I have 2 problems.
It would have made things easier to create two topics, but what the hell. ;)

Can this be unstuck or do I need to buy a new one? Its a Stuart Turner Showermate 1.4 Bar twin.
I wouldn't waste time on it - a new one is only about £130 and they don't take long to swap over.

The other problem is with the central heating wall thermostats. I have one in the hall & another one in the main bedroom, near the door. Without using the programmer at all, the central heating can be switched on & off by moving the bedroom thermostat towards 20 degrees, it clicks & the boiler lights. At night I have to turn the thermostat right down or the heating stays on all night. However,in the morning the programmer switches it on, but I have to turn it up again to the correct temperature.
Not so easy this one, as it depends entirely on how your system was designed to work, and how that design was implemented in the wire connections between the thermostats and other components.

Do you have any motorised valves in the system?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back