stud wall in garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
guys, I'm planning on dry-lining my attached garage by building stud walls and using plasterboard to finish it off.

my question is that one of the walls is a single skin wall built with blocks and rendered on the outside.

I know I need to use some sort of membrane, but I am looking for advice with regards what kind to use and where to put it. and do i only need to use it on the one wall that is single skin, the others are a cavity.

i will be filling in the gaps in the stud wall with kingspan insulation.

Sponsored Links
here is a drawing of what i was planning

the blockwork wall is dry and sound, there are also 2 high level air bricks and 2 low level ones.[/img]

Sponsored Links
I drylined our garage when I converted it. used 4" studding and 100mm celotex wedged inside the studding then foil backed plasterboard. No membrane but I did bitumen (or similar) coat the single skin wall. All the work was done under building control - from memory I dont think they specified bitumen coat I just did it as a kind of belt and braces job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back