stud wall on beam and block floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to fit a couple of stud walls in a new extension. The top plate is no problem as it is at right angles to the cieling beams but the sole plate needs to be attached to a beam and block floor (first floor), that will be insulated then screeded. One side of the stud wall is the inside of what will be the bathroom and the other side forms part of a landing and short stairwell. Can I attach the sole plate directly to the beam and block with a noggin accross at skirting board height because if I screed the floor first , part of the edge of the floor screed will be flush with the stairwell. These are internal stud walls and the first floor beam and block. I'm assuming there will be no cold junction issues. Any advice greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
You can fix the plate the floor or the screed.

It may be an idea to fix the plate to the floor, so that it is a finished floor height, and then screed to it as this will be useful as a guide and there will be no wall in the way, and then form the stud after screeding

That sounds good woody, but if I use the 70mm Insulation under a 65mm recommended on my drawings I would need a sole plate 135mm thick if you get my drift.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back