studio bedroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am moving into a flat in a few weeks time and it's a studio bedroom. I wasnt really happy with that but the rest of the flat is amazing, brand new and everything so I went with it :LOL: anyway I was wondering if anyone had any tips on seperating a bedroom from a living room in a reasonably small space? I suspect it will be either a bed or a sofabed, not both a bed and a sofa. Im on a tight budget too..any advice appreciated! thankee!

Sponsored Links
chat noir said:
the rest of the flat is amazing!

You mean the bathroom and the kitchen! :D

Whats the layout of the room, have you bought or is it rented?

Have you signed a contract yet? :D

freddymercurystwin said:
chat noir said:
the rest of the flat is amazing!

You mean the bathroom and the kitchen! :D

Whats the layout of the room, have you bought or is it rented?

Have you signed a contract yet? :D

haha..yes, that is what I mean :LOL:
its just square as far as I can remember, with some random arches near the edge of the room. it's rented, and havent signed a contract yet.

Sponsored Links
freddymercurystwin said:
Personnally I'd just make it look like a living room with a sofabed and try and keep anything that's bedroomy to a minimum. Trying to fit 2 rooms into 1 will just mean they're both small.

If you're handy with a saw what about something like this?
http://www.montykins.com/mkins/images/stora.jpg[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about that last night, mind you Im a girl and doubt I even know how to saw :LOL: and my other half is too impatient.

I wonder if you can get those sofa things with a double bed over them?

Ikea is fatal.. Or at least it is with my OH.. She wanted to go for a mirror £6..

We ended up spending about £200!

We don't go much now :LOL:

material.buyer said:
Ikea is fatal.. Or at least it is with my OH.. She wanted to go for a mirror £6..

We ended up spending about £200!

We don't go much now :LOL:

I have about a page of things I want to get :oops: well the deal was I got all the bitty small things and he would get the bed or sofa or whatever we end up with :LOL:

Just a tip:

credit-cards.jpg

:LOL:

material.buyer said:
Just a tip:

credit-cards.jpg

:LOL:

Ive tried applying for one but no such luck :LOL:

nah tbh most of the things Ive got listed arent expensive. the most expensive is £6!

to freddymercuriestwin... those loft bed things look good - do you know if there is a weight limit on them? Im paranoid :oops: :LOL: aaaand how do I know if they are double or not? it doesnt seem to say.

chat noir said:
material.buyer said:
do you know if there is a weight limit on them? Im paranoid :oops: :LOL: aaaand how do I know if they are double or not? it doesnt seem to say.

Well I'm not sure they'd be able to cope with more than 2 at a time! :D Just what had you in mind? It does say you can fit a 140cm mattress which I believe is a double, not a big double but a double nonetheless. You'll have to both clamber up there in Ikea and see if you can cope!
Absolutely no rumpypumpy in the store though. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back