Studio Flat cold water tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am refitting a bathroom in a studio flat, the idea was to remove the toilet and concealed cistern, take down boxing section and open the room up to the existing wall line, and install a close coupled toilet.

All well and good until i removed the panelling and found a cold water storage tank also behind the wall, it looks like this just feeds the bath and toilet.

My question is why do this and not feed the bath sink toilet etc with mains pressure cold water, the economy7 cylinder has its own header tank fed directly from the mains supply....

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I can't see a problem with doing away with the tank, unless the inlet valve in the cistern is set up for low pressure.
Is the basin cold tap fed from the mains?

there is no reason why you can't do this if it is only for the cold, As said in last post though you may need to change toilet syphon to a high pressure, depending on incoming pressure, you may also start to get water hammer noise if your pipework is not clipped properly so on low pressure would have been fine but not on high pressure.

Thanks for feedback,

thats what i thought why have it, i guess thats what they did 30 years ago but these days you would not bother and also feeding everything at mains pressure with an unvented cylinder you would have great pressure throughout, Hot and cold...
Will have a chat with her and see what she wants to do....

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The tank may be there to provide low pressure cold for a mixer, which may no longer be there.

If there is an unvented cylinder, any mixer should be fed from the balanced low pressure cold offtake on the unvented kit - and you will need a certificate to work on that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back