stupid question from an idiot regarding back boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello from a noob, and central heating remedial

we have just brought our first house and the front room has a myson housewarmer elegant 2 fire connected to a housewarmer 45 back boiler

i have a feeling from my research that we are stuck with this monstrosity until i either sell a kidney or we save up a large fortune,

however i would be grateful if someone with slightly more knowledge than myself (none) could confirm whether or not we can get a replacement fire that looks any less revolting ?

if we do have to get the whole lot replaced what is the best sort of system to go for ? (we live in a 3 bed semi and currently have rads in every room)

feel free to ask for any more info or take the pi55 out of my stupidity further :LOL:

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The fire is meant to be teamed with the back boiler. It sounds as if yours may not be a correct combination.

The best advice is to replace your old inefficient boiler now with the scrappage allowance.

Then get an electric fire if you must have a fire.

Tony

ive actually just found another manual a few seconds ago which is for a housewarmer 45 back boiler as well which sounds more like it

Unfortunately it is no longer possible to replace fire fronts on Myson due to non production. the Fire & the boiler go together to form a single heating appliance, removal of one from the other would result in a serious flue defect in that the down-draught diverter would be compromised

So leave well alone P.S. parts for the 45 are very expensive I've just had to replace a PCB on one it cost SERIOUS money!! ;)

Sponsored Links
how much do you want for your kidney? i can get scrappage allowance for my old one.

oh great hope nothing goes wrong with it then

any recommendations as to what sort of system to get next ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back