Stupid Question: Is it OK to insulate downstairs ceiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but while I have my ground floor ceiling down, is it OK to put fibre glass insulation in before I re plasterboard?
I was thinking that it would add to sound/heat insulation. Obviously it is the done think in the loft but never heard of anyone doing it downstairs and wondering if there was a reason for that?

Sponsored Links
I have done it above the kitchen and utility rooms, and it does reduce the noise of washing machines etc.

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but while I have my ground floor ceiling down, is it OK to put fibre glass insulation in before I re plasterboard?
I was thinking that it would add to sound/heat insulation. Obviously it is the done think in the loft but never heard of anyone doing it downstairs and wondering if there was a reason for that?

Use Rockwool (or similar) acoustic insulation. Google it.

Chjeers
Richard

I have taken all my downstairs ceilings down and fitted insulation, then double boarded the ceilings.

It is much warmer and quieter in the house, I also have 350mm insulation in the loft.

Andy

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back