Sub main query

Cross posted on the IET forum also? :D
You must have had a good Christmas period, since you seem to be over a week behind in terms of 'the news' :) ... have a look at last Monday afternoon's posts in this thread.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
what's the thing on the right of those hager units ?
As RF says, fuse carrier.
Off the shelf unit with a bit of DIN rail, 2 pole switch, and a fuse carrier.

Slightly related to the thread, when I had a second PIR (EICR now) done a few years back, the guy* picked p that it was an 80A fuse in the carrier - not spotted the first time I had one done by a different electrician** when I bought the place. He told me that he didn't think it was OK but he'd have to consult the books to be sure. He called back later to say that it should only be 63A - which was easily fixed.

* Very helpful guy - unfortunately not long afterwards he "got a better offer", sold the business, and went abroad.

** Now retired.

You must have had a good Christmas period, since you seem to be over a week behind in terms of 'the news' :) ... have a look at last Monday afternoon's posts in this thread.
Yours too must have been good - the posts lat Monday were about our hapless OP's sojourn on electriciansforums.co.uk, not the IET forum. Where he also made an appearance, as Adrian informed us.

http://www.theiet.org/forums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=205&threadid=60249&enterthread=y

Sponsored Links
Yours too must have been good - the posts lat Monday were about our hapless OP's sojourn on electriciansforums.co.uk, not the IET forum. Where he also made an appearance, as Adrian informed us. http://www.theiet.org/forums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=205&threadid=60249&enterthread=y
Ah! :oops:

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back