Sucking AIR

The trouble with that arrangement Chris is that people are prone to shut off rad valves, whereas they tend to leave gate valves alone.

Sponsored Links
Fair point softus, but what if one or two rads had two lockshield valves? Of course an ABV would remove any doubt about it and they're not that expensive, so that's the reliable solution.

She (the boiler) is working a treat

I Have a question about about 3 way valve

Can you buy different arrangements Like below as type 2 would save me a lot of pipework issues

From previous drawings i want to T it below the pump and into the feed to the hot water tank

Was not sure wether to open a new thread or continue with this one

--------------------

Kevin

Can't you just rotate it 90 degrees? Then a minor pipe alteration is needed to bring the upper pipe beack down to the B port as per example 1.

Sponsored Links
Dan

Don't care what the locals say your a good egg :D

In brief does port "A" go to the top pipe feed to the Hot water storage or to the bottom pipe

Plus do i have to stop using one of the 2 pipes as it looks like it defeats the object of the 3 way valve

I do plan to fit the automatic by-pass control valve at the same time as this work between the pump and the 3 way valve

Hope this makes sense :rolleyes:

Mr Honeywell gets VERY cross if his valves are mounted in such a way that water leaking out of the valve connections or (heaven forbid!) the shaft seal on the valve itself, can run down into the actuator.
(Unfortunately, actuators of this type are NOT even slightly water-resistant.)

croydoncorgi said:
Mr Honeywell gets VERY cross if his valves are mounted in such a way that water leaking out of the valve connections or (heaven forbid!) the shaft seal on the valve itself, can run down into the actuator.
(Unfortunately, actuators of this type are NOT even slightly water-resistant.)

Wasn't payin attention :oops:

Oh, by the way, Port B goes to hot water... ;)

Dear all

Going to fit Automatic bypass valve tomoz as show below

Will it be OK to shut Gate valve 3 after install

Yes but no but :rolleyes:

Local merchants did not have one in stock but did have right angled version which means a bit of pipe work but nothing serious

I'm easy all the info i find around shows it fitted just after the pump

Thinking as it is 22mm go with the flow instead of adapting to 15mm

What your thoughts :idea:

Carry on as planned and shut valve 3 or stick it in valve 3 position

--------------------

Kevin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back