Suggestions for doors modernisation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Hoping for some help modernising our porch doors.

Had originally planned to replace just the door with something more modern, but the size doesn't seem to be standard.
Height 2m01, 79"
Width 83cm, 33"

Wondering whether I'm better removing the glazing to the side also, and redoing the whole opening, working around a more readily available & modern door.

Some suggestions appreciated.

TIA.

Sponsored Links
maybe you could remove door and pannel and replace with 2 doors?

Cheers Gregers.

Sounds a good option.
Just measured the space and it's approx 1320mm, with the existing 'thick' wooden frame in place.
686mm seems to be a std width, so two of these prob wouldn't need much adjustment (with perhaps reducing the existing frame a bit too to save taking too much off the doors).

Sponsored Links
changing the glass for clear
6mm laminate in the door? I replaced a broken fluted pane and was told I needed laminate. Maybe toughened was an option but not stocked. Anyway, the jagged edges on the broken pane made it obvious that the original glass was dangerous.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back