suggestions for mixer shower

19 Nov 2010
Reaction score
United Kingdom
We recently had a new mixer shower unit fitted to accommodate the new high pressure cylinder central heating system.

Trouble is the hose has split and I need a replacement unit.

Can anyone recommend one for under £150?
I believe it is a thermostatic mixer shower I need but I want one that will improve the pressure at the shower head (if that's possible) - this last one wasn't any better than our old one running on the old cylinder and I wonder if the increased water presure caused the hose to split?

In any case, can anyone recommend a suitable shower mixer unit?

many thanks
Sponsored Links
its only about 2 months old but it was supplied by the builders doing work on the rest of the house. I think it must be old stock though becuase there is no mention of warranty.

They just said choose a replacement and we'll fit it. I'm guessing that £150 is about right for a decent one but it is just a guess.

As well as the hose issue some of the chrome has come off behind a tap although it looks good quality.

Can't see any branding though....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links