Suggestions needed please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
H,

We have just bought a new house and in the middle of extensive renovations inside and out.

There is a long stone dyke wall running the entire length of back garden. Directly behind the wall is a low of large trees/hedging in the garden of the house behind.

The people living in that address have hacked at the rear of the trees to stop them growing into out garden. The issue is that the remaining parts of trees look awful.

Looking for suggestions/ideas how to hide the mess? My Mrs doesn't want to cover our wall up. Should I speak with neighbour and see if they'd mind me putting fence posts between the wall and their trees so I can put a ranch style fence up? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
(The wall is now looking new thanks to wet and forget!)
IMG-20200326-WA0001.jpg

Sponsored Links
Well firstly how nice to have neighbours that keep the dreaded Leylandii under control.(y)
You want to keep on good terms with them, fitting anything to that wall will never look straight and may well bring the whole thing down. If they would aggree maybe you could fix some of this to the hedge with garden ties, we have had something similar concealing our compost bins for about 5 years now and it has about reached it's end but has looked tidy and lasted very well.

https://www.primrose.co.uk/artificial-hedge-screening-c-318_11846.html

We have just bought a new house

In a new house I would be tempted to, as far as possible, leave the garden for a year and see what it looks like in the various seasons.

The trees look pretty newly cut to me. So it is possible that they will green up over the coming months and look a lot less stark. If so you may get a nicer view with no effort.

In a couple of months they'll be green again and needing another trim, anything you stick on there will just get pushed out the way when it regrows, why not just take on triming it and keeping it neat?

Sponsored Links
Depends on the type of tree some will green up others just stay bare at the bottom. As said worth waiting to see.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back