Suggestions please for a work around!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am putting plastic pipes in the wall for CH. (please I don't want the discussion about plastic v copper). The pipes are going in, but along a plasterboard horizontally. (not a stud wall, plasterboard stuck to external wall.) Problem is that when going along the wall I came across a cable running vertical in a plastic cable protector, so I am looking for suggestions to get the pipes past this. I can't put them on the outside as they will protrude from the plasterboard.

Over to the experts please.

Thanks in advance.

AliG

Sponsored Links
Either chase them round the back of the cables, or double skin the whole wall so you can lose them in the build up of the 2 plasterboards.

wood Batten the wall then just needs the pipes clipping to the wall. Plaster board to the battens.

How far out does the cable protector protrude? Can you not just chisel a bit of the brick out from behind it and bury it in far enough to get the pipes past it?

Sponsored Links
Drop it down from above and run it vertically rather than horizontally where no one would expect it to be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back