suitable hinge for my tiled `cabinet` door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Bit of advice needed regarding cabinet hinges.... I've got an cupboard door made from 12mm ply that's then been tiled (its a cupboard under the end of a bath). Its surrounding frame is also tiled so concealed hinges are needed to make a nice finish. Ive thickened the ply of door by gluing a secondary price of 12mm ply onto inside of door such that it fits roughly inside the frame.....I think I want a cranked Blum hinge but despite looking at every diagram under the sun I don't understand which one\ which crank. Can anyone help? I suppose the issue really is : which crank is needed when door and surround are thicker than usual? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you want inset doors you need a concealed hinge designed for them, such as this one. This diagram should explain why this type of hinge is used

Note that most hinges only allow for doors up to 22 or 24mm thick - the example above does 34mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back