Summerhouse DPM Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_20210323_131402.jpg
New member here so hello.
I've had a summerhouse erected, the builders folded the damp proof membrane from the concrete base, up over the bearers and floor and put the walls down on top basically creating a bowl effect underneath. Great because no water can get underneath but what about condensation etc. I queried this with the builders and they said as long I don't have a major spill inside it'll be fine.
What's your thoughts on this folks? Any thoughts much appreciated. I'm thinking of slitting the membrane for air to get in.
Second question. The floor is inch thick timbers but I want to put some flooring in there, vinyl or tiles or the like. Should I put external plyboard on this then underlay then flooring or should I put a sheet of dpm on timber base first. Any ideas again much appreciated.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back