Sunvic 3 port valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Sunvic DM5601 actuator on top of a valve that has siezed and after turning it with pliers is now leaking. I notice that this is driven to each position, rather than returning by spring.

Obviously I need to replace the whole thing. So the question is, does it make any difference whether I fit a direct equivalent or a spring return type? It looks to me that is just a matter that the spring return type has no HW line and the boiler control out is ignored.

Spring return ones seem to have the advantage that if the boiler needs to be replaced in the short/medium term, the valve can stay; also replacement motors seem more readily available.

Sponsored Links
Obviously I need to replace the whole thing. So the question is, does it make any difference whether I fit a direct equivalent or a spring return type? It looks to me that is just a matter that the spring return type has no HW line and the boiler control out is ignored.

you can fit a spring return but you will have to connect it differently to the sunvic relay wiring centre to make it work, ask for details if you have the RJ2802 junction box (with a relay)

Spring return ones seem to have the advantage that if the boiler needs to be replaced in the short/medium term, the valve can stay

there is no difference between the two whatsover in that respect

Matt

you can fit a spring return but you will have to connect it differently to the sunvic relay wiring centre to make it work, ask for details if you have the RJ2802 junction box (with a relay)

I have looked at it in more detail now and it's obviously just a simple logic change. If a Siemens 322 has the same colours as the L&G322 in my comparison system, it looks as though white goes directly to the demand side of the room stat and grey to pin 13 of the relay box (or even, directly to the not_demand side of the cylinder stat).

A replacement Sunvic works out a lot more than the Seimens 322 so worth doing the change.

Sponsored Links
it looks as though white goes directly to the demand side of the room stat and grey to pin 13 of the relay box (or even, directly to the not_demand side of the cylinder stat).
yes connect the white to terminal 1 (CH demand)
yes connect grey to either terminal 11 or 13. the difference between the two is
grey to 11 will act exactly as standard mid position
grey to 13 the valve will always return to hotwater position on no ch demand, this may or may not be desirable
the valve orange you dont need so make it safe

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back