Sunvic Thermostat RF Receiver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

From reading other posts on this forum it would appear that my Sunvic RF receiver unit has failed over the summer - tried to get the central heating working today and found that nothing was happening. Pressing the test button on it does not send a call for heat to the boiler.

Anyway assuming it is kaput I have two questions.

Firstly I gather from reading another post that I can do something to the wiring so that at least I can manually turn the boiler on to get some central heating. To this end I have taken some photos of the receiver unit - if anybody can advise on what needs to be bypassed/connected from the piccies provided that would be great.

Secondly, if I am going to replace the unit is it fairly straight forward to go buy another (and better) receiver and swap them over - or is it not as straight forward as that.

Here are the links to the photos.

http://s632.photobucket.com/albums/uu47/srj321/

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
unless someone can post a re binding procedure, we will assume its kaput

change for a salus rt500rf or honeywell cmt 927

pretty straightforward

Thanks for the response - I to am still assuming it is kaput - as the symptoms are the same as problems experienced by others with the same receiver.

Anyway may not get a chance to actually buy a replacement today - so just to check my understanding of the wiring - from looking at the receiver unit wiring it appears the switch for the heating control appears to be dependent over connection 2 either connecting to 4 for no heating or to 3 for the heating to come on - therefore if I put a jumper between the call (2) and the on (3) will I at least have the use of the heating manually.

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back