super glue fumes still in shed weeks after?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I used some super glue (bloc brand) to glue a small plastic trophy that had broken (about the size of a hand). Just a small tube (size of pinky finger) or so, and left the tube and the plastic trophy in the shed to dry (trophy for a day, the half/mostly-used tube still there for probably a week or so before getting rid of it).

The shed is about 7 feet by 7 feet and doesn't really have ventilation when door is closed.

I'm not sure if I am imagining it or not, but there still seems to be a smell of the super glue (or super glue fumes) in the shed now weeks later. Is this possible?

I notice it more when it is cold and rainy/damp and less when it is warm and sunny.

Are there any health risks to this or is this still an issue I need to address or with this much time should it be okay now?

Also a bit concerned because both push chair and bike trailer are stored in the same shed and were there when the trophy was drying that first day. Wondering if there are any health risks in this situation.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Doubtful anything is still there to smell.

Superglues don't dry ; they cure.
To cure, they need damp conditions.

I expect that your glue cured in minutes, so there would be nothing left to emit fumes, smells, vapours, or whatever.

If you're concerned about it though, just leave the door open for a while.

Highly unlikely. I have used super glue extensively over the last ten years or so as a hobby woodworker and apart from the mess that I gat on my hands I cannot say that I have been adversly affected by the fumes. I'm 73 now and will die of something else rather than super glue fumes I would think.

Sponsored Links
Hi Man! Let me come round and stay in your shed for a few hours. I'll tell you if it's good $h!t or not, baby. Peace and love!

o_Oo_Oo_O

P.S. You need to supply the munchies, man.

think off what other actions you where doing what other tins or tubes you may have opened or disturbed causing an ongoing leak causing an on going smell
also well away from the shed spread some superglue on somthing solid and go back when dry and see iff there is any smell ??

Back